- Whereas – Optimist International has for many years sponsored Respect for Law Week, and,
- Whereas – We as Optimists recognize and appreciate the dedication of those serving in Law Enforcement, their friends, and their families, and,
- Whereas – Citizens of every nation recognize the dangers faced by officers every day, and,
- Whereas – We realize that these public servants are recognized too seldom for the services performed,
- Therefore be it resolved that – We the members of the Winston-Salem Optimist Club, join with Optimists around the world in thanking the above-listed public servants who work behind the badge, and all support staff for their work and loyal dedication.
- To this, we set our seal this, this 8th day of May 2004.
David Rickard, Chairperson Respect For Law Committee
Jim Annas, President Winston-Salem Optimist Club